I have to admit, I am so grateful to see so many parents and advocates of the gifted & talented population on this website! It thrills me to see how involved everyone is in their children's and students' education and well-being. After all my experiences working in Texas, advocating for the GT population, training GT teachers, researching giftedness, and working with exceptionally brilliant students at various summer camps, I am highly convinced that we need more people and more discussion boards like this in Texas. I promise to post thought provoking and educational posts online, however, up front, I would like to ask for your help.

You see, I am a GT individual. I have been a professor for the past five years, and I received my Doctorate in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University with a specialization in Intelligence, Creativity, & Giftedness. This past semester (Spring 09), I realized that my heart is more in line with helping and advocating for this population, their parents, and thier teachers moreso than just teaching psychology courses. Thus, I submitted a letter of resignation to my college and decided to pursue my calling to dive deeper into the world of GT Advocacy. If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can market myself to this population (such as yourselves), please let me know.

This is a short version of me, yet, I feel like for you to trust me in my future posts, it's critical to know who I am. You are more than welcomed to view my website www.lifecoachdrsuz.com to get a better insight into myself and my heart.

Thanks up front,
Dr. Suz

Dr. Suzanne C. Carroll
Educational Psychologist
Intelligence, Creativity, & Giftedness