Yeah, I was wondering about the turning towards noise too, I just thought that all babies are able to do that from the get-go. DD was really calm in the hospital, but alert, all the staff was so delighted with her. The baby next door wouldn't stop hollering and Dh and I kept looking at each other. Of course now she's the loudest bossiest thing in 3 counties.
At 6 months she would do things like take books and hide them behind her back to play a game, since before 1 her speech and vocab has been astounding us. Yesterday in the line to checkout at the store, someone really 'fell out' when they found out she was 3. They said she is really well spoken, which is true.

The main thing I remember about ds being unusual was the constant drawing, very early and very well, and also puzzle enjoyment/ability. Also other projects, building things or coming up with more complex ideas and having me help him build some really interesting things. I would be cleaning under his bed and find cars made of shoe boxes+jar lids+chopsticks+some other stuff and so on. One interesting thing he did was to take a stack of construction paper and make a large design which covered most of the living room floor. I stood on a chair to get some aerial photos of that one. Recognizable drawings started before age 2.
DD3 has yet to turn out any recognizable drawings besides a few nice circles and ovals.