With DS9, when he was a day old he looked at me with the wisest expression on his face that it is seared in my memory. At four months, he would acknowledge my question as to whether he wanted to nurse (without my giving any physical clues) by panting loudly and turning his head toward me. He would also look directly at things if you said "where's the....?"

When he started learning the alphabet at 12 months (he would crawl over to a letter on our alphabet puzzle mat and smack it when you called it out), that's when I KNEW he wasn't a "normal" baby.

For my DS7, he was a very alert baby from birth. What made me certain he was gifted was when he was 18 or 20 months old, and I held him up to a window and said "Look at the pretty birdy." He turned in my arms and dryly replied, "It's a robin, actually." He had a 250 word vocabulary by 18 months, which I remember his Kindermusik teacher commenting on with great surprise.

Fun to have a "safe" place to tell these stories....

Last edited by Lisa-in-Ontario; 05/20/09 12:21 PM. Reason: changed to make it clearer