We are under the possibly gifted stage since my DD is 2 1/2. She was an unusually baby but as her mom I kept making excuses for all that she did and being my first and only child I really had nothing to gauge her against. I looked at milestones when she was around 2 weeks and quickly dismissed them as ridiculous since DD had mastered all of the milestones up through 3 months. I had not placed the term gifted into the equation until right around the time I joined this board. I knew she was a smart cookie but did not have a term for it.

I still have days where I ponder just how gifted could she be but at this age it really doesn't matter. I just know she is not 'normal' for her age. We just got back from a trip and we were waiting to board our plane so she was super excited to fly again and to come home. She ran up to a group and they asked her where she was going which she quickly responded Austin. The older gentlemen after talking to her for a few short minutes wanted to know how old she was which I responded 2 1/2. He mistook it as me saying 3 1/2 and was flabbergasted that she was only 3 1/2 and that just could not be. When he was corrected his mouth dropped opened. He made it clear that there is no doubt that she is a highly intelligent child. I guess we as parents just live in the moment that simple things tend to escape us or we become numb to it all. I am use to her language and cognitive abilities and think nothing of it but to strangers it is apparently clear. But for now since I have no real proof (meaning tests) I will comfortably place her in the possibly gifted category.