With DD8, there were many signs that we denied. I strongly suspected once she started public school because she was so far ahead of Public school and also DH and I were in a GT programs of sorts. But we're engineers and needed numbers to come out of denial I guess, esp DH. He was floored and it was a group test, no individual testing yet. she hides her abilities well, learned this very early on.

With DD4 (only possibly), after getting DD8 test results and subsequently having the montessori school tell us they want DD4 to go to K at 4 and then thinking about what we had seen her do. She shows off more, so it's a bit easier to see. This makes me wonder when DD8 really knew at the same ages.

I always would have glazed over eyes when the pediatrician asked how many words the kids said. It wasn't that it wasn't enough but I hadn't bothered to count so then I would try to count them up in the office but I would lose count so I would ask well how many are they supposed to be saying? Dr would say at least than X and I would just say no problem, LOL! Those were funny appts. I was so clueless. Meanwhile DD8 then 2 was dismantling the office and asking how everything worked.

Last edited by mschaff; 05/20/09 11:03 AM.