CYM: Thanks for your reply. The purpose for telling my story was just an insight in the mind of an adult that was discovered at a young age and forcefully held back. Try to look at it as a metaphoric story. What would Michael Jordan's outlook on life be if he was forcefully not allowed to accel in basketball? Tiger Woods at Golf? Bill Gates in technology? Amelia Aerhart at flying? Giftedness comes in many forms, not just intelligence. The story would be like capturing an eagle and putting it in a cage. That eagle will never forget the events that led to its capture. It's not really about placing blame, it's the fact that all I ever wanted was to learn, and share what I learned. Because of my childhood, I'm now 14 years behind in my education,.....I'm 26 years old now. In my mind, it is comparitive to a 14 year prison sentence. Because my parents and the other parents being uneducated in the gifted, they all thought that what they were doing was right. Because that's what they knew. I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to provide an insight into a subject that most people refuse to acknowledge or talk about. Oh,...I'm way "too" analyitical to believe in 'luck'. LOL wink
However, you seemed to understand the point of the story. And your decision is correct. If it comes to a financial reason, sit down and tell them why. You'de be supprised at the level of understanding in a six-year-old. They know that money gets candy and can relate wants and needs to money. So if you explain the absense of money they will understand. I have spent the last 4 years studying the mentality of the gifted. I can provide information, but not guidance because I'm not licensed yet.