Oh, goodness. I just want to hug everyone.

Grinity - I agree about the "drug test;" I got this one as a suggestion from a psychologist, and I also thought it a really horrible idea.

JoJo - You sound like me - here I am trying to find a way to get DS to just do the blasted work, but really I want him to enjoy school and learn something in class.

...and FrustratedNJMom and giftedticcyhyper might just be describing my DS - if only we all lived closer and our kids could benefit from this network the same way that we do (directly).

[Aside coming: I was diagnosed ADD (as an adult), but I figured I didn't need meds because I had lived so long without them. Of course, I was MG (er, am), so I can't be sure if the diagnosis is wrong. I did however, get in trouble in school for standing up in class and not paying attention...and not following directions. I remember that in one class, the teacher just took my chair away for the rest of the year saying, "If you aren't going to sit in the chair, you don't get one." I wonder if she thought I was going to want to sit - crazy lady.]

For me, GT means Georgia Tech.