Hi Grinity,

I only have to (in theory) give one terms notice to terminate. I did not fill in the form last year as to whether he was returning, because I am honestly at a loss to know what to do. Because even private schools here are heavily subsidised by the govt, a terms fees are not excessive.

To get into college, kids are graded here state by state, and each one differs......and some rely more heavily on school assessment than formal tests. Not possible to sit these unless you are in grade 12!!

We are on our end of year break now till end of January...then the new year starts. I have already voiced my opinion that my son should move homeroom, but the teacher is keen to "try again" with him. In any case it will be near impossible for him to avoid having her teach him for something, with 3 teachers teaching the 6/7 cohort, and only 70 kids.

How does one push for a grade skip (which would be to year 8, high school here) with an underachieving child?

Thanks again for the assistance, and Happy Christmas to all there.....we are sweltering in 32 degrees celcius heat at present (sorry don't know the farenheit equivalent)...still most of us will sit down to a hot turkey lunch on Thursday!

Stephanie