My guess is that the kids with high scores on all the indices look different and learn different from kids who had high GAI and average WM/PSI scores. There's a relative weakness somewhere for the ones with the discrepancy. I would also guess that the HG+ kids with average WM/PSI are a very heterogenous bunch. Some just have a relative weakness but they are normal with no real impairments, just overlying strengths. Some have an underlying disability but use their intelligence to compensate. Some may have slower processing, some slower motorically, some more perfectionistic, some have working memory issues, some have attention issues, etc... I would say that if it just "makes sense" in terms of what you know about them by being their parent, and it's not causing problems in their environment, it's okay. But if a child is struggling, you need to delve deeper to get at the specific issue is that is causing the discrepancy. I guess what I'm saying is that an average score (or a disproportionately low score) doesn't necessarily rule out a problem. Intelligent people can compensate for learning disabilities, especially on IQ subtests where there are many skills to fall back on to get an adequate score.