My son took the WISC-IV and these are the scores VCI=140, PRI=143, WMI=107, and PSI=83. He is doing "ok" in his gifted class (5 day a week, all day, gifted public school class). He recently brought homw a 29 on a spelling test and a 52 on a math test. We have gone over the spelling words and he can recite them correctly due to memorization. His grades were generally A/B last year. His main issues are that he memorizes the spelling words but can not apply them during writing, he reverses some letters, and mixes his syllables sometimes. He still misspells very familiar words and spells the like they sound.

I had a conference today with his teacher and she said she will allow him extra time to finish tasks due to the slow processing speed on the IQ test and his work in class. The district (DUVAL) does not acknoledge dyslexia as a LD. I am not sure he has it but something is going on..... What do I do? The info I have says this discrepensie is HUGE! but nobody in the school wants to address it. They just say that they will offer more time. Should I push for further testing? My goal is for him to want to learn and he currently hates school......