Mite literally told me at the beginning of the summer that he thinks he should skip to 6th grade! He brought it up by himself. When I asked what he thought sixth grade had to offer him, he said the topics the sixth graders he knew were so much more interesting to him and he liked the books they were reading....Harry Potter, Eragon and Eldest, C.S. Lewis' books..etc.

It was a spontaneous conversation. I hadn't thought about acceleration yet and when the state director of gifted ed suggested it I mentioned Mite's ponderings on the topic. She laughed and said she wouldn't be surprised he really could handle it.

We haven't discussed it with Mite though, since then. So, I think that's a good idea. We'll see what he has to say.

I'll let you know. He's at camp right now. It's his first overnight camp and I'm going through Mite withdrawal:^) I think the separation is hard on me due to all the things we've discovered about him these last 8 weeks. I don't want to miss anymore of who he is and I"m worried how the dyspraxia will be handled by the camp counselors.....

ok I'm rambling now...

Willa Gayle