That's what I'm asking too. I'm not sure if we should wait the year to let him get used to the interventions or if getting the ego and stimulation boost of the acceleration will help him deal emotionall with the interventions.

Actually talked to the principal tonight and have a HUGE sigh of relief. I really like the guy. Anyhow HE recognizes Mite as very intelligent from the test scores and agrees that must be addressed in the IEP. He was surprised by the acceleration suggestion by the state gifted director, but just hadn't thought about it and was not opposed to it up front. I do want his ideas about it and will allow him time to process if. He knows Mite pretty well...better than anyone on the team at this point.

He also told me he included Mite in the gifted cluster for the current grade; so, that is a boost even if we decide against acceleration.

Basically, he implied that the district won't fight us much on issues. (we had to fight hard for the eval., but now that he's there apparently they plan to accomodate).

So....THERE IS HOPE!!! hopefully8^)

I'm still at to accelerate or not to accelerate that is the question!!! But, at least I know the district will consider it and not just outright reject. So, if we decide to wait til next year I feel that might be ok, too.

Oh and he told me to share the info I collected this summer re: twice exceptional and asynchronous development with all the members on the team. He said they would be open to it!!

YIPPEE!!! HOPE!! hopefully8^)

still processing and deciding......

Willa Gayle