Originally Posted by LMom
I have a question about DYS and gt groups. If you are a member of gt community do you talk about your child being YS? Is it something which is OK with parents of MG children?

Unless I think the child is a candidate for DYS, I usually keep my mouth shut about the program. It doesn't seem to serve any purpose to discuss it. MG kids are really, really smart, too, so why make it seem like an us-and-them thing?

When we were going to the Summit this past summer, I just told people who asked that DS7 had a summer camp-type thing to attend.

I have suggested that one friend look into DYS for her daughter. She's in 3rd grade and reading at a 12th grade level, so I strongly suspect she'd qualify! Fingers crossed for her!

The family has two girls who are close in age to my two boys and who are interested in many of the same things as my boys. It's a match made in heaven! We had a playdate with no problems, no tattling, no unhappy kids--not for a second. Bliss! I'd really love for the family to get into DYS! smile

Kriston