Originally Posted by HighIQ
They should have already been done with the food. I don't know why it was taking them so long. I just assumed that they were done.
Because you previously mentioned Einstein, I will share this quote:
"A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." - Albert Einstein

Yes, I know that it was a mistake going into the cooking area... There was no sign saying "Do not enter".
This goes back to understanding rules (as discussed upthread, here), and that the rules apply to one's self. If every rule was posted on a sign at each place where it applied, there would be layers upon layers of signs, making them impossible to read.

What I thought in my head was that there are exceptions during COVID, and that I can enter the cooking area to get my food.
The COVID rules I'm familiar with require additional caution:
- people to maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from each other,
- frequent washing of hands,
- extra sanitizing of spaces,
- keeping people away from any open food and food prep, precluding the familiar practice of giving samples at restaurants, bakeries, deli counters, ice cream shops, grocery stores, farmer's markets, and more.
I do not know of any exceptions during COVID which relax or set aside the usual rules of sanitation and now allow people to walk into a restaurant's cooking area.

When you think something in your head, you might want to do a quick fact-check about the source of your information, to ensure that your thoughts are accurate.