Thank you, ladies, for sharing and sympathizing!! smile I don�t know about you all, but I am also super idealistic - which, I think, helps me �keep on keeping on� at times, but other times I can feel so crushed and burdened by these glowing visions I have for myself and my children. I recoup and regroup during nap time and in the evenings, and I feel like the next day will be the day that everything will start to fall into place and be �okay�...but most of those �next days� turn out being just as hard as the last, if only in different ways.

On a slightly different note, do any of you ever feel very critical of our educational systems, and feel inclined to go a different route? We homeschool, so that�s a different route already, but I feel so different from even most of the homeschool crowd out there. I�m very resistant toward adhering wholeheartedly to any sort of curricula - I tend to be much more of a �natural learning� proponent, and want my kids to have tons of free time to pursue creative interests...and just to have time to themselves to formulate thoughts, ideas, etc. It seems that the world we live in is bent on scheduling kids to death, and that there is virtually no time or energy left for free play or individual musings. I assumed a good bit of homeschoolers would feel similarly, but all of the ones I know are filling their kids� lives with activities/clubs/classes/lessons just as much as anyone else. <Sigh...end rant smile >