Hello!

I am highly gifted and have five children (9, 8, 6, 4, 6 months). My kids go to public school, but I do a lot of volunteering at their school when DH can stay home with the little ones. I find myself applying the rage-to-learn aspect of my giftedness reading educational research articles and forums like this to try to figure out the best way to help my kids learn, both in and out of school.

I used to consider myself very introverted, but have come to realize that a lot of that was due to many negative social experiences including social exclusion and bullying throughout my school years. It's something I'm still working on overcoming, but as of right now, I'd say I'm fairly moderate on the introverted/extroverted spectrum.

I have kids that go both ways. DD9 is very extroverted and doesn't have a shy bone in her body. She always wants to be the center of attention. DS8 (grade skipped, so they're in the same class) is very introverted and doesn't care about the social scene at school at all. He goes to school to learn, and then comes home to unwind. DD6 is very, very close to a small group of friends and incredibly shy and quiet to everyone else. DD4 frequently says she doesn't like to be around a lot of people, doesn't like to have a lot (more than one, lol) of friends over, etc. She's happiest when it's just one-on-one me and her, which admittedly doesn't happen often with her being the 4th of 5 kids. DH is very introverted, and rarely gets to know people outside of our family well enough to remember their names, unless they're coworkers or students. It's definitely an adventure to balance everyone's personalities and needs.