I was wondering: are there any other gifted women out there who have chosen to stay at home and raise large families? I am the mother of seven children (one that has yet to be born - due Aug. 30 :), five biological and two adopted from foster care (ages in utero ;), 22 months, 2, 3, 4, 5, And 7). I am gifted, my husband is gifted, and all of our biological children are either gifted or show strong signs pointing in that direction (referring to the 22 month and 3 year olds). I stay at home with all of the kids, and �formally� homeschool the oldest two (although our version of schooling is so far from the traditional model, and it works for us).

Each of us are intense individuals, making everyday life an extreme adventure! While I love the path we�re on, I don�t personally know any other families in our position (gifted mom chooses to forgo a traditional career and stay at home with her large family), and it can feel isolating at times. : /

While I am intense, I am also intensely introverted, so dealing with the logistics of a large family has been pretty tough at times. All of our children are extroverts, minus the five year old. smile My husband is also an extrovert.

I look for advice, or just anecdotes from families in similar situations, and I have literally found nothing as of yet. Almost every large family I find, either a. the mother is not gifted herself (which is evident through her writing - both content and grammar wise... not trying to sound pompous, btw, just trying to be concise with what I�m saying in hopes of gaining better feedback?), and/or b. she is an extrovert who is getting along just fine with the explosive dynamics of a large brood.

Anyone sympathetic to my plight? Lol... Thanks for reading, and for anything offered hereafter wink