We don't have that large of a family ourselves, but I do come from a larger family where all of the siblings are ID'd gifted, from HG to PG, with both parents putatively gifted (both have terminal degrees, and were early graduates). My mother chose to stay home, leaving a tenure-track position to parent and afterschool (she homeschooled the youngest for a portion of K-12 education (the rest of us pre-date legal homeschooling)). She is more of an introvert than otherwise, while my father is an extrovert, with a range among us siblings.

FWIW, both I and my SO are introverts (although I'm closer to an ambivert), while one of our children is an extreme extrovert. And yes, even just one is exhilarating/exhausting. We also homeschool, but split at-home parent time. In our case, the sense of difference probably comes more from the fact that I work in public education, so our circles consist of many people who don't really understand why we homeschool, and many others who don't quite see how we can support public schools.

One assurance I want to offer is to validate your decision to invest your energies and intensity in your family life. I am immensely grateful to my mother for the choice she made to turn her gifts to the holistic nurturing and education of her children. I was well on the road to adulthood before I began to understand that her choice involved real sacrifice, because it was so clearly a free and joyful choice on her part. We never felt that she resented the demands of motherhood, or regretted the path not taken. In fact, she likes to describe parenting as the supreme research experience, with each child a new and endlessly fascinating field of study, far more intriguing than what she might have pursued in the lab, but with much higher stakes in affection, relationship, and the potential positive impact each one can have on the world.

You are engaged, as all parents are, in an immeasurably valuable long-term enterprise, the true reach and productivity of which will not be visible for decades. You may not see the fruit of your labor for many years, but know that you are deeply appreciated.

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...