I am out of the room about half the time because I have to be with DS4. The teacher is encouraging me to be in the room, though I can tell it's annoying her because I didn't let her just fly past stuff that didn't make sense, but asked questions (like about the array thing).

Now that I write that, I'm realizing that a big part of my problem is that I don't think she is actually a TEACHER who is TEACHING the class. I think she sees it as handing them stuff that they should already get. If there's a minor point they don't understand, she's willing to discuss it a second time. But come to think of it, I didn't see her really spending any energy on helping *anyone* over any hurdles to understanding.

Hmmm... That's a big realization for me. I'm not sure I want him in a class with someone who isn't actually teaching. No wonder the whole situation seemed so disturbing to me.

One 9yo has already dropped out--after 1 week! She said, "Well, he wasn't getting it anyway..." in the sense of "...so that's good that he's gone." I found that troubling. And she's doing the same thing with my son.

Hmmm...

Kriston