Originally Posted by JBDad
Do you have to make a decision immediately? Or can you let your DS take the class until he stops enjoying it?

He can take it until he stops enjoying it. We have already paid for it, so we're not out anything but time (and my patience...) if we stay.

Originally Posted by st pauli girl
I would encourage him to speak loudly and clearly in class, then at least all the other kids will know he gets it, and perhaps he can win over the teacher through the other kids?

Actually, you hit on what has become the one thing I hope he gets from the class: speaking up for himself!

I think some of the problem is a personality thing. She is outgoing and loud and all-extrovert, all the time! So are her kids. DS7 is...not! I really think part of the problem is that he's an INTJ and she's not valuing what an INTJ can bring to the table. She sees GT as fast, not deep, and certainly not quiet! But when I tried to talk about the situation in terms of personality, she wrote it all off as his age: "When he's older, he'll say so when he doesn't understand." Well, maybe not... (BTW, as we were talking, she kept interrupting me, so perhaps that's more evidence of her not valuing the INTJ personality...)

It meets twice a month. We could just stop going and it's entirely possible that he wouldn't even notice, at least not until it had been a long while! And, yes, kimck, I am pretty sure it's MUCH more painful for me than for him. If he didn't like it so much, I would have said "We quit!" today! For sure!

Anyway, thanks for the things to think about. I'm digesting...

Kriston