Originally Posted by BrownTiger
On a daily basis for the last four years, after reading this forum, my wife...
Possibly there is a misunderstanding? I raise that possibility because on this forum, members emphasize being positive and helping each other learn effective advocacy techniques focused on the child's needs... NOT attacking 8 teachers.

Originally Posted by BrownTiger
telling DDs that "school is not teaching", their teachers are cr@p, even told them not to do the morning work they are required to complete.
I'm sorry this is happening. In general, children may not need to complete certain specific homework only if they have a diagnosed disability, and a resultant agreement with the school (an IEP or 504) that it is in the child's best interests to reduce the specified workload.

Unfortunately, under the guise of "differentiation", teachers may not be teaching the kids who are ahead or high-achieving. Teachers may be focused on helping kids who are behind, while those who are ahead may be expected to be self-taught (auto-didactic). This is a commonly mentioned flaw of the current US public education system. One which many believe could be remedied, to a large degree, by flexible cluster grouping of students according to readiness and ability, in each subject (rather than grouping students by chronological age).

I hope that helps to clarify the information shared on the forums.