While the whole tiger parenting thing is concerning, I'm not sure why your DW is stressed about scoring 230-240 on MAP math a year from now if she is already doing 6th grade math. My youngest is in 5th, but in advanced math (supposedly 6th grade math, whatever that is). She took the MAP math yesterday and scored 262 - she has never done any math outside whatever they do in school. Also, there are plenty of kids in her class that score higher than that.

I don't know how your school is set up though. Even scoring high on the math stuff doesn't get you some super advanced placement in our district. Things have changed a bit, but middle kid got 9th stanine in quantitative and qualitative math ERB in 5th grade, so then she sat for the IAAT (Iowa Algebra Aptitude Test). At that point, 5th graders who scored in the 9th stanine for IAAT then were placed in Pre-Algebra. That was middle kid's placement, but if a kid scores 96th percentile or better on the Algebra readiness test, why the heck don't they go straight to Algebra I?