I graduated from math and science High-school at 15, went to get BS and MS. My wife graduated GED and got BA in history. We have two DD 1st and 3rd grade both in the reach program(s).

On the daily bases for the last four years, after reading this forum, my wife telling DDs that "school is not teaching", their teachers are cr@p, even told them not to do the morning work they are required to complete. To the point where they repeating this lunacy.

In the school system after the fourth grade children are accelerated if they have meet certain NWEA score. So far DW attacked 8 teachers. She insists that teacher should teach 6th grade material for my 3rd grader to "succeed", because my daughter was helicopter taught spot subjects. DW claims that if they don't meet NWEA score at 3rd grade they she fail. Insists on withdrawing from school at the third grade, but that would cause her to not be able to participate in accelerated learning after the fourth grade in the middle school.

So instead of enjoying school my 3rd grader is tortured with 6th grade math to meet 230-240 band. - Ridiculous, not even sure is needed, completely pointless as DD still have a year of learning to reach this target.

This is all too familiar to me, my high school time was destroyed - because girls were afraid to be near 13 year old, I spent all time studying in my room. College was not initially much better because you are three years younger than classmates. In addition no one will hire 18 years old with BS degree. - What is the point?

WHY IS THAT OK TO DO THIS TO YOUR CHILD.

I am posting here because I want her to see. Thanks.