Val, I agree with most of your post except the statement that "clinical diagnoses are a least-worst option." I don't think this is always true or even usually true. I can understand this view if you are a non-clinician and wish to see a true/false dichotomy but most diagnoses aren't like that and I'll trust a good clinician over a blood test any day.

In other news, to the OP, I've only been at this a short while but I'll share what I've learned and hopefully that helps. We all have hopes and dreams for our kids and want the best for them. Sometimes we have to take a deeper look because what is actually best for them may not be what we originally planned. I don't know if that's your situation or not, but I hear from you very strongly that you want your daughter to stay at this school. That's great if it's what's best for her. But if it's not, for whatever reason (too boring, won't accommodate, etc), then that's ok too. I'd talk with the teacher and try to find out what's really going on here and try to help her from that standpoint. If the school is with you on that, great. If not, then you needed to learn that too because your daughter may need something different.