From what I have seen on this board and in my research, OT can sometimes help, in those cases where there is a physical component to the dysgraphia that is amenable to therapy. For most kids, though, the focus tends to be on simply circumventing the dysgraphia, through the kinds of accommodations aeh lists above. When investing your energy and resources to deal with dysgraphia, it seems to be particularly important to figure out what, if anything, might be fixable, and how much you should just aim to bypass.

For us, we focused earlier years on getting the teachers on board with alternate ways of showing knowledge, while at home we're building up ability with keyboarding, word prediction, voice recognition and all the tools that helping the kids grow increasingly independent in their output. At this point, DS in grade 6 is a good typist and just about there (but when he gets overwhelmed, his awesome English teacher, who gives out LOTS of homework, will occasionally sit down with him and do a more challenging task orally). For DD in grade 4 (dysgraphic/ dyslexic), I still scribe and scaffold lots, but she's increasingly practicing with the voice recognition, and it's slowly getting better.