Hello, I haven't posted in awhile, but I read the forums and always learn from you all.

My son is 9 and diagnosed with dysgraphia (DSM-5 code 315.2). His writing has always been a big issue and has not improved since he first started trying in preschool. He has had a lot of struggles in school and was receiving counseling for years. Last year, the counselor told us that the cause of his anxiety and depression is the dysgraphia. We were advised to stop counseling and focus on the dysgraphia.

I had him going to a private OT for awhile, but the office location was far and it was very difficult for me to spend an entire evening commuting and doing OT. Also he hated it, big surprise... so we took a break from the private OT.

I have been trying to get him OT through the school, they do not want to do it. He'd have to have an IEP, which is fine with me. They had him "informally evaluated" by OT after I gave them the letter diagnosing dysgraphia. He did not qualify for services. I'm now trying to move up the ladder.

Any advice? The poor kid can barely write and I know what's coming up for him is much more writing. He can't type either. The teacher is excellent and is giving him informal accomodations, but what are we going to do next year and when he's in middle school? I'm so frustrated for my son.