I would change primary care for your child if you feel the mismatch between the advice and reciprocity you seek and receive is too wide. The value of a trusted adviser is high when you need an expert opinion.

We have a fabulous pediatrician for DS, and her lengthy experience has been valuable to us. DS' milestones as a baby were sufficiently far outside the norm (on the right tail) to merit a few questions about ASD, and his ped was diligent about ruling out ASD through early monitoring. That she was able to see the possibility of high intelligence and ASD behaviours in an under-1 infant was, I have learned, a rare gift. At his one-year well child check, she was proactively discussing how to optimally sequence multiple grade skips for social and emotional well-being.

I can't recommend enough that you find a trusted adviser. I can go to DS' ped with any concern and know that she will either provide a first rate evaluation or provide referral for one. As a parent of a child with atypical needs, having that kind of knowledge and support in your corner is validating and comforting.

What is to give light must endure burning.