Thank you to all who have shared their vision therapy experiences. I am finding great comfort in reading previous posts.

My fourth grade daughter has started vision therapy. Her biggest issues are double vision for dynamic vision, eye teaming, and poor hand eye coordination.
As the visual tasks increased for fourth grade, it seems these deficiencies went from unnoticeable to daily occurrences.
School was never an issue for her in the past, but her math class has become a huge stress. The class is accelerated and students must have a B+ average to stay in the class. She understands the concepts but is making too many little mistakes - writing the problem down wrong, transposing numbers, misreading her handwriting, not reading the instructions, etc. When we review her work, she sees the mistakes and gets upset. Her confidence is low, and she is stressed, which is adding to her mistakes, I think.
Her eye doctor says that her eyes and brain are under stress right now from these deficits and the therapy, and her symptoms will improve in 4-6 weeks.
So here's my dilemma. I have been told that the 504 process in our district is slow moving (6+ weeks). We are also at a new school, so I don't know any of the teachers or administrators. Her main teacher wants to wait and see how she responds to therapy first. However, the math teacher is not taking her vision issues into consideration and is holding her to the scoring requirements.

If they move her to the non-accelerated class the pressure to ace every test and quiz will be gone, but she will be bored and not be able to attempt accelerated math again until middle school.
Should I push for some leeway in this math class until she has had two months of therapy? My thinking is that the other class is moving so slowly that she won't have any gaps by pushing forward and then dropping back if needed. My hesitations are that she has no history of academic struggles and vision therapy isn't always well received, so the teachers may not be willing to make accommodations. I was disappointed to barely receive a response from her teachers regarding the diagnosis and accommodations.
This is all new territory for me. I would appreciate in input based on your experiences. thank you