Lepa, can you tell us now what has happened with your son. I can say that there are a lot of people with similar stories who share your pain.

I can’t be too cross with the gifted schools because they’re all we have. But Nueva has a reputation for avoiding kids with too high an IQ. They are part of an oligopoly. Schools like to claim the word gifted.. they could help higher IQ kids who may be more introverted, but choose to just take the easy path with extroverted kids. Did I mention that extroversion correlates with lower IQ?

I heard of a SF kid who commutes to Helios in Sunnyvale. But Helios has a slight case of the Nueva disease too I am sorry to report.

Do think seriously about home schooling. I would do this rather than assume that moving to Palo Alto would be any panacea.

My understanding is slow processing is common in gifted, and doesn’t mean 2E. Its because they see more or are perfectionists. You might want to talk with the Gifted Development Center in San Mateo or that one in Denver. You might consider a few months of vision therapy.

Hope we hear back from you, and here is a new thread about, the entire Bay Area. http://giftedissues.davidsongifted.org/BB/ubbthreads.php/topics/219385.html#Post219385

Last edited by thx1138; 07/11/15 09:42 PM.