Thank you HK. I can assure you I am chanting with gusto of late!

My DD is also good at and loves maths. Her teacher is not far enough ahead of her to teach in a way that is very helpful to DD. She needs someone who can answer ALL the questions and the teacher is often struggling. We are so very very fortunate to have found a math tutor who is able to answer the questions, totally gets DD and is able to keep her engaged and interested. He is also a whiz at better techniques and shortcuts that help DD as she is slow in exams. She goes to tutoring because it is fun not because she needs remediation (I guess that makes me a real nerd she said). I don't care about perfect results and neither does DD but it is harder to learn if you are feeling as though you are running to keep up with the pack. Takes some of the fun out of the process.

Is there anyone around like that tutor for your DD? Maybe someone who can get her ahead of the curve and remove the stress and let her get back to learning for fun, not necessarily to improve her grades.....just so she can feel its enjoyable.

We just spent an entire parent teacher night explaining to teachers that as much as our DD is good in school and doing well we all need to work to ensure she enjoys school. At the moment her physical issues have been significant and she is tired, not a function of her grade skip which is great, but a function of a growth spurt on top of a connective tissue disorder causing all her joints to be subluxing and dislocating. We are putting bedtime above study time right now. I was gratified that most of her teachers understood that. One was horrified that he had given her extra extension homework but I was at pains to point out that enjoyed the extension material (and unbeknownst to any of us, had already done it) but it will be prioritised behind a good night's sleep. I don't want her to be coddled, just understood.

The prize for all of us is a life we can enjoy.....I will keep chanting.