As far as 4th grade math goes, I don't know that I would quantify what they are doing as really teaching 4th grade math.

DD uses IXL and the number of topics covered in 4th grade explodes compared to the earlier grades. Her teacher so far has taught 7 topics. Most I would consider either 3rd or 4th grade:
* Rounding
* Multiplication (3 digit x 2 digit max)
* Division (3 digit divided by 1 digit)
* Area and Perimeter (of basic squares and compound rectangles)
* Measuring Angles
* Quadrilaterals
* Lastly, they are just now moving into fractions

When I look at IXL, a lot of these skills are covered in earlier grades so I feel they are not really an acceleration. For instance, the class took 1 1/2 months to cover area and perimeter. Not triangles or trapezoids, just squares and rectangles. IXL has this popping up in 2nd grade skills. Alot of time wasted. Where they are starting just now at the end of the year is where I feel DD should have started at the beginning of the year. If she had done so, I believe we would have seen growth.

... these skills don't match up with NWEA's flier which shows examples of math problems by RIT band. For 221-230 DD needs to know operations of integers, consumer math (percents, interest, etc.), algebraic expressions, calculating means, etc. When I look at IXL, these are all more 5th/6th grade problems. They don't show up in 4th grade.
If you choose to meet with the principal regarding his published support for meeting MAP targets, this might be important information to also bring along.

teacher... pulling a small group of students and teaching them at a higher level, DD is not included... we were told "while DD's scores are good, she did not meet the norms". We wondered who decides the norms...
You may wish to ask what the norms are, to add to your collection of facts and information.

We have considered moving. My neighbor whose son was in DD's class last year did not return for this year. The district has alot of financial issues and each year has seen more and more cuts. Now they are talking about eliminating music and art which DD said is the only thing that keeps her going at school. DH is not convinced. He believes HS is the most important and has stated he does not want DD going to this high school. If that's the case, is it better to get out at elementary level or wait until after middle school?
Some may say it is best to seek another learning environment when the current learning environment is not a good fit.

It may be time to begin printing articles from the Davidson Database such as Basic educational options for gifted children and Choosing the right school for your gifted child. Also chapter 14 of the book A Parent's Guide to Gifted Children covers Finding a Good Educational Fit. This includes a list of questions by Dr. Donald Treffinger. His list is also found on online at the website of Center for Creative Learning (CCL), as “Dear School People”.

Looking at other possible education options can spark ideas for new approaches with one's existing learning environment.

Wishing you all the best.