As a follow-up had the meeting with DD's teacher. She and another senior teacher were there. The senior teacher took the lead on the meeting (which I found unusual) and talked with us about DD's MAP results.

We talked about DD not really receiving any help. Her teacher refused to take ownership of it not really talking about enrichment.

Anyway, DD's teacher did nothing as a result of the meeting. She sent an e-mail stating she would keep us updated. Nothing happened. The senior teacher set up some online accounts for math problem-solving but they aren't really useful because they are not at the level we need and using one of the worst sites I've ever seen. But it wasn't even her job. Plus it's more after school and they left it at that.

Because she agreed to set up some online accounts, DH decided he likes the senior teacher and asked for her to be DD's teacher next year to which she agreed.

I am not happy at all with this school and would like to seek alternatives as this school doesn't allow for some of the options mentioned in this thread. DH believes it's important to stick with this school and see it through. He believes having a record is more important than the actual education DD will receive. He has stated that I can afterschool them which I am extremely resentful of.

It is tearing our marriage apart and causing alot of stress. There are frequent arguments and DH has taken to attacking me and telling me that I am the cause of all the problems. I should just let the "professionals" do their jobs and stop criticizing because I'm not a licensed teacher and have no experience.

I asked him what happens when the scores come in lower than the program acceptance score? Won't it look bizarre to come out of a "high ability" program with a much lower score than when you started? He doesn't care because he believes the senior teacher will be our salvation.

The MAP test starts the Monday after the kids return from Spring Break. DH has proposed I spend the entire time teaching DD and her younger sister so they can pass. Of course, he's not helping out. He's got other things to do.

Before someone asks, now that DH made it look like he's extremely pleased with the fact that the senior teacher "helped us", it's difficult to involve the principal without offending her. I feel we're in a really bad spot and it's difficult to go up the ladder because DH wants to be with this senior teacher next year. He doesn't want to get off on the wrong foot.

Last edited by shifrbv; 03/03/15 08:30 AM.