I struggled between putting this here or in the testing forum. Because DD has yet to take the test, I'm sticking it here to seek advice.

DD's MAP test in the fall was at 220 (98%) for 3rd grade math. Her growth target is 230 by Spring. She took the Winter test in mid-December (we were surprised because school discontinued winter testing but her class was tested anyway). She only grew 1 point. No surprise to us as everything is a repeat and the teacher does not support differentiation.

The school has a "high ability" program in which they state they will only teach 1 year ahead. The teacher has made it clear to us this is the program.

The problem: The principal has posted a "school improvement plan" which states they will meet 100% of student's personal growth goals in NWEA reading and math prominently on the school's home page.

The school has a guideline that students must achieve 95% if they are to remain in the program. Next, year, 4th graders must achieve 98% or above if they are to advance in middle school

What the teacher is doing seems engineered to provide DD a guaranteed fail.

When we relayed this to the teacher, she stated they do not teach 3 years ahead and offered us no other solution. Meanwhile, she has been pulling groups in her class to help them prep for Spring MAP (DD has heard everything they are doing). She is basically teaching them to the test everything that DD already knows and has not pulled DD 1 time allowing her to fail.

The Spring test is in April. State testing is in March. DD's teacher said if she is to work with DD it will only be after state testing, and maybe only 1 time per week. She is not supportive at all.

DH and I disagree on what to do. I feel the teacher is responsible for providing some type of support to help DD succeed (per the improvement plan). DH says it's unrealistic to expect this and that the teacher probably does not have materials or knowledge to teach DD at that level in the 3rd grade.

Meanwhile, DD sits in class doing low level work and watching others learn.

I am feeling like not taking the Spring test and citing the above reason. DH says I would look like a lunatic to the school system and would be ostracized. I feel like we have no good choices and would like others advice for this situation in dealing with a completely recalcitrant teacher.