The teacher has asked for a meeting with us for tomorrow morning. I'm not sure what it will accomplish as she is clearly not going to teach the appropriate subject matter. DH asked her again to honor enrichment so that DD could meet her goal. She pulled her for about 5 minutes and reviewed something DD already knows. She told DD not to tell her parents about what they had reviewed (sends up red flags to me) and when DD did and she found out she got snippy with DD.

I would prefer to just go it alone because I feel any interaction at this point may result in retaliation for DD for the rest of the semester and affect her grades. I feel as another poster said before "some teachers care and some don't". I'm concerned about meeting her and feel reluctant to go but DH is all for it.

Can anyone provide me any pointers for handling a sticky situation like this. I feel weird asking point blank why she isn't following the improvement plan when it's clear DD is not showing growth with the low level curriculum.