This is my second year homeschooling. 3rd and 4th grade for DS9, 2nd grade for DD7 (she started this fall).

I am so glad we are homeschooling. Our local public school was a terrible fit for DS, and there are no nearby private schools that would have worked, either. I only wish we had pulled him out earlier, as he is still recovering from his bad school experiences. It was much easier to start homeschooling DD this year.

I do not love every minute of homeschooling. My kids are intense and emotional and introverted, as am I, and being around each other can sometimes drive us all nuts. Luckily, they are both excellent at finding stuff to do, so we can all go off to our own corners of the house for part of the day. I worry that I am not covering enough in our day (music? social skills? speech?). Am I doing enough to help them achieve their future goals? It was much easier to complain that their school wasn't doing enough, now it's all on me!

However, having them home all day beats getting calls from the principal and dealing with the daily afterschool meltdowns. I will never miss those!

We currently have no plans to send the kids back to school; we assess the situation year by year.