Originally Posted by Tigerle
Originally Posted by HowlerKarma
need to incorporate astrology into his agricultural decisions

Wow.

Not in an effort to conceal anything, here, but I'm rendered speechless by this concept.

God this is embarrassing.
You see, I do believe in science, for example including the science that shows that antibiotic and pesticide residue in foodstuffs can be harmful, and the science that has proven that only biodynamic products are consistently and reliably free because biodynamic farmers believe in the harmfulness of antibiotics and pesticides even more strongly than I do.
So should it matter to me that they are also convinced that burying ground quartz in cow horns in their potato fields will Harvest cosmic forces I their potatoes? My need for intellectual honesty says yes. (My husband refuses to endorse astrology by buying Demeter products and complains when I do so).
However, unlike, say, the potential of a teachers convictions on past lives and temperaments to negatively affect their students, I do not think the ground quartz in a cow horn has the potential to negatively affect the potato.

I helps to remember that agriculture is based on genetic engineering.

That's why, when you try to return to the authentic cow, the primal cow, the original natural cow, well, the result is...fascinating.

Behold.

The rebirth of the Nazi cow!

Fortified with natural master race Aryan primal vitality from a time before agriculture!

"This particular breed dates back to the 1920s, when German zoologists and brothers Heinz and Lutz Heck, recruited by the Nazis, began a program to resurrect extinct wild species by cross-breeding various domestic descendants — an effort typically referred to as “back breeding.” Among their success stories was the half-ton Heck cattle, a reasonable facsimile of the hearty and Herculean auroch cattle that dated back some 2 million years prior and has roamed en masse all over Germany centuries prior."

"Is anyone really surprised that the cows turned out to be murderously dangerous?"

“The ones we had to get rid of would just attack you any chance they could. They would try to kill anyone. Dealing with that was not fun at all. They are by far and away the most aggressive animals I have ever worked with,”

http://modernfarmer.com/2015/01/nazi-era-cattle-breed-just-awful-expected/

Last edited by JonLaw; 01/10/15 01:33 PM.