Originally Posted by Tigerle
Not that I have to admit to often experiencing the same sort of stunned incomprehension that HK described when I read modern catholic writing. No, it doesn't make this bible passage, or whatever, any clearer, or more logical, or easier to accept and live by. Don't even try. It's religion, not science, it can't be falsified, so don't even try to verify. It's okay if a religious text is merely beautiful and mysterious.

I'm thinking that it has to be true as well, in order to be valuable. Meaning that if it isn't true, then it doesn't actually have a right to exist.

Granted, there are certain things that aren't true, in as such that they are tools. It looks like this Waldorf thingy has a tool aspect to it, when applied to the correct people.

I still need to dig through Bion's stuff to see what I can dig out of it, because he made some very excellent tools.

You've got to understand whether you are applying the right tool to the job. Depends on the person.

And in any event, language, itself, has the problem that it often both reveals and conceals.