one thing that I didn't see mentioned that I found very limiting (jmo) at our local Waldorf was that the "ancient world" was the European world - there was a whole 1/2-3/4 of the globe that seemed to be completely inconsequential according to our local school curriculum.

I agree--I've noticed this Eurocentric bent as well. It's another way in which the curriculum feels very dated/traditional to me. I also notice traditionalism regarding gender roles--girls always portrayed wearing dresses, etc. Note, I think in real life most people involved in Waldorf have progressive attitudes, but the materials do send a message IMO. The schools here also are almost 100% white. Then there's the whole "We don't use black crayons" business. Oy.

One complaint I have heard IRL, too, is that social issues between children are not well-addressed in Waldorf--they are left to work things out in a way that could be described as a bit Lord of the Flies. I believe there is some kind of philosophy behind this regarding inherent personalities, past lives, etc.

If I seem oddly knowledgeable/interested in all this, I am, largely because it is a big part of my social world.