I agree with HK. Grade skipping is one of the many forms of accommodation we have experienced with our DD including SSA, curriculum compaction, online material and live tutors. Grade skipping needs to be seen as part of the package not the solution, because it isn't especially, as our DD needs faster and deeper as well as higher grade material.

The social side doesn't really stress us but it is a big issue for many teachers and parents of NT kids who don't understand that when our DD is academically mismatched she becomes depressed and social interactions also suffer. When she is feeling academically challenged she grows in self confidence in all areas and becomes more outgoing and socially able.

Are we worried that she won't be driving until university? Ah, no. Is she? Nope. Drinking? Partying? No and No. It isn't her desire anyway. If it was there are members of her current class who indulge in all of the above and more. She has her friends who range in age from a year younger to three years older from across grades. None of them find the party scene an attractor and they are all very comfortable with who they are.

I didn't drive until after finishing Uni for a variety of reasons. Lots of kids didn't. I didn't ever hit the party scene and I had lots of friends.

By the wayI haven't heard of kids hitting the wall and having to repeat after acceleration. I have heard a number of teachers tell me that their child was smart enough to grade skip but they didn't "do that to them" and they became very successful, so you shouldnt grade skip your child. I thank them for their opinion and do what is best for my child. Like HKs DD she will potentially be at Uni at 15 unless she takes time off.