Thanks so much aeh!

I attended the eligibility conference today. I am not very happy with the outcome. The school psychologist withheld all the data on DD10's motor evaluations during our pre-conference, saying they were still pending. She only shared the data that had an outcome she thought I would accept. The motor skill evaluations basically said that DD10 had no issues in fine or gross motor skills (eye-roll) and that by their assessment DD10 is a perfect child capable of olympic athlete feats. This is after I provided them my outside evaluation stating clearly that DD10 had a fine motor skill delay and required OT therapy to correct this. The school OT said that they aren't concerned about her fine motor skills and said she is able to "access the learning environment". Further, for the sensory evaluation, the OT had DD10 fill out the evaluation form herself. She sent one home with me, but didn't include any of my responses in the evaluation report! I know DD10 has problems with visual motor integration, as evidenced by her outside evaluation. She is terrified to walk down stairs or escalators and cries if I make her. She also has significant sensory issues. I feel I should pursue this further. Is this worth fighting over?

Basically, the only thing that the special school district would acknowledge is that she is autistic, and therefore does need pragmatic language and social skill assistance. They even refused to add any behavioral modification goals to her IEP, saying that they have to do an additional ABA evaluation for that and that takes 4 months! They said they have to have the IEP written within 30 days of her eligibility. Why the heck didn't they already start this! I am beyond frustrated. DD10 is not going to get any appropriate services and I am feeling pressured to go forward with this process, when I know these evaluations have not been interpreted appropriately. What else can I get to shore up her need for school OT?

kitkat24