Agree with what Polar said. You are not in bad shape going in, and I would not expect an ambush unless there's solid evidence that one is coming.

Thing to know: an eligibility meeting is a meeting to establish what the needs are. The key thing is to make sure the needs are all named and agreed upon at this meeting.

This is "needs" not as in "diagnoses," but as in "she needs to learn to write down homework assignments, because she is not doing it" or "she will not interact at recess without adult support."

I find it helpful to walk into such a meeting with a detailed list of problems to solve, with supporting data if possible, and then my goal is to make sure those problems make it into the document.

The reason for this is that the eligibility meeting is then the basis for deciding on services (under an IEP) or accommodations (under a 504). Any problem not acknowledged in the eligibility meeting won't likely be addressed under the plan. So you want this document to be as clear and complete as possible.

Hang in there.

DeeDee