Welcome, glad you found these forums. I, too, have a 3 year old who insists he's five to attend school. But so sadly, what school is in his mind is not what it will be when he gets there in 2 years.
Our daily life basically runs like this: usually bright and early he wants to read, write, do math or art. I have boxes and a cabinet full of materials. I have friends who give me workbooks from schools or I find them as cheap as I can. He changes topics/skills/interests so often, I don't know what to invest in most of the time, either he learns a skill in a day or he skips it, or he is no longer interested.

I used to have a visual schedule of his day, which helped his emotional regulation, therefore, behavior. It went something like this, Get Ready, Breakfast, Homeschool, Outside Play, Snack, etc. Then he knew there was a designated time for homeschool and he didn't have to beg me all morning to start.

He knows what materials we have so now he just asks me to get him whatever he's into that day. I roll with it. I do have it put away and organized, otherwise it takes over the house.

However, I am helping him write. He spent two months writing on his own, about 5 hours a day, practicing inventive spelling and writing story books. I now sit with him and help him. I know we are looking at a future grade skip so I try to help him with skills I know he will struggle with some so that when he is grade skipped, it will be an easy transition.

We do watch videos of topics he's into, he attends preschool two days a week for 3 hours, story time at the library, tons of park time, backyard time. He requires a lot of attention, always discussing experiments, inventions, ideas.

I can assure you that you I am not enough for him, I'll never be. A school plus us won't be enough. I have dishes, errands, another child, myself, my husband-a whole life to attend to, and he needs interaction/stimulation 18 hours a day. He's old enough that I discuss with him how he will need to learn to be alone sometimes because I have things to do. There have literally been moments where he screaming at me to show him how to spell X or do a math problem while I am doing the dishes. When he needs an acadmice fix, he's in full anxiety mode, as if life depends on knowing this thing.

I hope you find comfort in knowing there are many people on these forums who are here to listen.

Last edited by GGG; 12/01/14 02:35 PM.