I'll preface this by stating my husband and are gifted parents. I am fortunate to be a stay at home mom and work with our three children daily. Our oldest is in kindergarten and was recommended for gifted testing. We are going through the channels and motions. This isn't my issue.

My son just turned 3. And I'm feeling defeated. He has a very different learning style (visual spacial maybe?) than my daughter and I do. I'm having issues meeting him in the middle, to give him the education he is demanding in an age appropriate vessel. He's becoming frustrated, not aggressive or any other behavior problem, because he wants more than I am able to deliver. He has tried to reason with me on his past birthday that he was not 3, but 5 and going to school too.

I cannot figure out how to simplify the topics he wishes to learn at home. I do not know of any other professionals who I can ask for help. I have spoken to my daughters school, the gifted advisor of the county, the state DOE gifted advisor, and his primary doctor. I have called other schools both public and private. I have called preschools to ask about curriculum and if they offer advanced work. I have been continuously pointed toward private school. Private schools recommend home schooling.

Where is a legitimate end point? We have 3 years until he is kindergarten eligible according to state law (FL). He is progressing incredibly fast, and I am hitting age limitations or no/low curriculum. What are my options as a mother to find him age appropriate curriculum based on his ability and want, demand rather, to learn? Would it be beneficial to have him tested? Would I be better served looking somewhere else? Who professionally can help me help my son?

Thank you.