Originally Posted by tangentspur
Our oldest is in kindergarten and was recommended for gifted testing. We are going through the channels and motions. This isn't my issue.

My son just turned 3. And I'm feeling defeated. He has a very different learning style (visual spacial maybe?) than my daughter and I do. I'm having issues meeting him in the middle, to give him the education he is demanding in an age appropriate vessel. He's becoming frustrated, not aggressive or any other behavior problem, because he wants more than I am able to deliver. He has tried to reason with me on his past birthday that he was not 3, but 5 and going to school too.

What catches my attention is that it looks like he is trying to be just like his older sibling who is in school. Could any of it be just that he wants to be "attending" school? (i.e. instead of focusing on academic preschool, look for either mixed age or play-based where he is really going to his school - and see if this is in part related to the fact that your oldest has moved on to school) Even with DD2, when she realized DS4 was attending a different school from her (they were in same daycare before), she cried for a few days because she wanted to attend the same school as her brother.

As for the materials, I don't have anything to offer (we tend to ignore age recommendations and go by what we think would interest him - so like lego kits of stuff DS loves, mix of books of all kinds of things that we find interesting and in his areas of interest - but without knowing areas your child is interested in, I have no idea).