This is a really interesting topic. I was surprised that I didn't see something that I thought was obvious mentioned. This forum is part of the mentorship process for gifted parents no matter where they live or their economic status. I acknowledge there may be people who don't have Internet or have never heard of this forum but for those who do find their way here, there is a wealth of advice and support.

In particular, I kept thinking of the amazing work Aeh does offering technical advice. There is hours of work and a ton of expertise behind Aeh's replies and I am sure we are beyond appreciative for the time and thought that goes into them.

In many cases, depending on where you live, there may not be very many other kids and their parents that you know who are gifted so that can be hard. A support group would be nice but if there isn't the critical mass in your area that may not work.

I appreciate having this forum and I value the advice and conversations I find here. Not everything is relevant to me or my DD but is fascinating what can be learned and applied across many different situations.

The OP is right that it is good to have someone to ounce things off. The only person I know who has kids in a similar position to mine has a very different approach to many aspects of giftedness and that can be difficult.

Don't underestimate too, the work we do advocating for our children often leads to better experiences for those who follow. While not direct mentorship of poorer gifted students it is of benefit to others. We have donated money to gifted programs my DD has enjoyed to enable students who are less well off to also attend.

I guess we all do what we can given the limitations we may have.