Originally Posted by cammom
My DS7 was a quivering ball of rage as an infant. I once saw him (I kid you not) put another 12 month old in a headlock when he wanted a toy.

another baby wanted DD's toy when she was around 10 months, and came over to try to grab it. The teachers saw his mouth go on her arm, but she said nothing, and had no change in her grim determined look on her face, so they thought nothing of it... and she refused to let go of her toy. The other baby crawled away, and then a little later, the teacher picked her up to change her and saw the bite mark on her arm, realized that the other baby did bite her after all - she just refused to let go.

She had gotten bitten a few more times after that by a few other babies and toddlers - but it never worked on her, she just refuses to let go of whatever her toy is (and she had a really strong grip).

and she used to crawl up to another baby as an infant, pull their pacifier out, and see what they would do. When they started to cry, she would try to pop the pacifier back in (she hated pacifiers herself and never used one). The teachers used to laugh because no other baby did that - usually other babies pull out the pacifier to suck on it themselves, not see what the reaction would be.