Homework is meant to reinforce the concepts learned in class and for the parents to keep an eye on their child's academic progress. But, when a child is too advanced for their grade level, then the homework becomes busywork.
We had 2 packets in K in a very strong PS. One was the regular packet of math and LA and the other packet was the "challenging and optional" packet of math, LA, critical thinking. We did both packets and we were done in 15-20 minutes per day (DS writes very fast and he hates to color. So, I colored all the Everyday Math kind of "fun" sheets for him and he finished the rest of the packet on his own). DS read any book of his choice for 20 minutes and filled out his reading log to take back to school. They sent home a weekly "book bag" to read - which was a joke because the content was very low level for my son - so he finished them in less than 15 minutes per week.
I suggest that you use your own parental discretion to decide what your child needs to do for homework. And you can either bring it up with the teacher/Director or do the "busywork" part for your child to make more time for the things that you want to do (which is what I did).
What we spent most "homework" time on was the after schooling we did after finishing all the school work. We did math, languages, science experiments, computer programming, robot building etc.