Meg ... my second son was in second grade last year, that sounds about right to me.

Although, I think of the reading as 2 hours a week as opposed to 30 minutes Mon - Thurs. My son would typically spend way more than two hours a week reading, I don't monitor it on a daily.

Spelling exercise and pretest... if they are not required to be turned in, we don't do it. He had fairly challenging words but an great memory so not a tough task. I input them into an app on iPad on Mondays when he gets them and he practices as he sees fit. At the very beginning of the year, I reminded him to practice at least once on the way to school on Fridays. Again, I don't monitor it much, I check occasionally to confirm he has gotten any wrong in the last couple weeks.

That leaves the sentences, 2 a night (but my son prefers to get it all out of the way at once) and the math, I assume they both can be completed in 10-15 minutes a day. She should get faster as the year goes on I would assume.

One small difference is our math is online so that does make it a bit more fun.

Maybe she would prefer to spend 10 minutes before school on homework and then just the reading after school?