I'm un/homeschooling my 2/pg ds8.5 due to the rapid acceleration issue. He's already been in two private (gifted) school and neither one of them could accommodate or even address the rapid acceleration needs. I ran out of options. Both schools could only deal with a couple of grade skips, but nothing else and ds started to tailspin. I had to un/homeschool and try to figure something out and quickly too.

Ds will be an early college in time and when he's social/emotionally ready. I don't have a crystal ball or when that time will be. However, there's a number of colleges and prestigious prep/boarding schools who enroll kids around 12 yrs old, some even possibly earlier. Mia Farrow's son, Ronan, went to college at 10 yrs old, for example.

A point to keep in mind is that there's tons of college courses online (MOOCs - massive open online courses) today - totally free too. There's EdX, Coursera, Udacity, Future Learn, Open 2 Study, and many, many more. So there are potentially options for some temporary or short-term college work at home.

I'm not saying online college courses are ideal, but they may provide an intermediate step for you. There may also be local opportunities for a young child to attend college courses at a community college or state college or equivalent. Again, these may not be ideal situations. However, they may be the lesser of two evils or the least worst situation.

Two things I try to keep in mind: 1) most decisions are reversible and 2) most 'normal' rules don't apply here. With un/homeschooling, my ds can take high school or college courses online yet play around with kids his own chronological age or at the playground, for instance, which would be nearly impossible otherwise.