Just re-read this thread to see if it answered my question, since it was similar to the original post of this thread. And I don't think it did.

Are there situations where you HAVE to share the test results with public school in CA? My understanding is many of these tests (like the WISC IV) can only be run once per year? And that if school starts talking about testing I would need to show them the results. I do realize that my original plan in getting the testing done was to show it to the school, but I'm unsure how many details, who's report, and what timing to do this.

Part of my indecision is because I don't yet have a full written test results back. We are waiting for one last test that will be done this Wed. My son's psychologist (separate from the tester) will write up her own report based on the results and that will take yet more time. School starts in two weeks and I had plans to talk with his counselor this week to make sure she is "hand" scheduling his classes like she promised. I'm not sure if I should bring up that we had the testing done yet as I haven't seen the report and known the results. And I don't yet know which report I want to give the school or if I want to give them both. DS15 is due for a second SST about 3 weeks after the start of the school year. Although this makes little sense as the teachers will be all different, and he usually looks fine (if a bit shy) at the start of a school year. Partly this is because I am really skeptical of what the H.S. can really offer us in the way of support.

I do trust that the school staff will not reveal the testing to parents & or anyone who I don't give permission that isn't an issue. It's just that since I don't know the full results or recommendations. My instinct is to not say anything at all about it this week, and keep my wait and see attitude.